Areas of improvement included: the need for increased awareness of persons with unique needs such as those who are separated, divorced, widowed, alienated, or underserved, and to increase our efforts to promote social justice.
Goal I: Share the unique gifts of our parishioners through outreach programs.
- Form a committee of three – one from each county: Bradford, Susquehanna, and Wyoming – to distribute “The Word Among Us” booklets to the inmates of three local prisons, and to mail issues to students, military members, and personal care home residents of our parish.
- Develop a support system for those who are grieving, divorced, or elderly by the end of 2017.
- Consider sponsoring a “family night out” for young families and parents with babysitting services available. We can ask our Youth Group, with supervision, to help with this. Our goal is to begin this by June 2017.
- Utilize the hospitality committee to coordinate the delivery of food to families of recently deceased members of the community. Our parish secretary will notify this group when he is contacted by the family of the deceased. We plan to begin in March 2017.
- Establish a social justice committee to address pro-life and legislative issues. We plan to expand the pro-life group to include St. Joachim by January 2017.